Data Scientist- Maternity Leave Replacement
About The Position
Justt is the world leader in recovering revenue from chargebacks on behalf of merchants. Our automated, tailor-made chargeback solution uses proprietary AI to create a hands-off experience for merchants, while providing the highest overall success rates in the industry.
As a data scientist in the company, you will solve complex financial business problems and lead research efforts using modern machine learning models that will directly impact the company’s business goals. Your responsibility will truly be end-to-end, in terms of data annotation, data analysis, feature engineering, modeling, model productionalization, support and optimization of model performance.
This position is temporary for 4-6 months ( Maternity Leave Replacement)
- Lead end-to-end ML projects from conceptualization to production.
- Partner with leadership and product managers to understand the business and product needs.
- Communicate research results to business and product stakeholders, and clients.
- Collaborate with data engineers and machine learning engineers.
- Enable business and product stakeholders to be data-driven, and solve problems that in turn allow the company to push the boundaries of business KPIs.
- Monitor model & data performance, taking into account chargeback reversal decisions, that may arrive up to 120 days later.
- Identify and address gaps in processes, data-science habits, data-science code reviews, data integrity and validation, unit testing, and documentation, and continually improve the company’s processes and standards.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or an equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years of development in Python.
- 2+ years of experience solving complex business and product problems with data science tools & libraries, modern machine learning models, or statistical and probabilistic modeling.
- Can plan, collaborate, prioritize and execute on their research plans.
- A brainstormer that loves a good discussion about new ideas with fellow data scientists and engineers.
- Independent learner, imaginative and motivated to run on their own, who cares about novel research and papers, that work well with others, with a “can do” approach.
- A communicator that can tell their research story and make a strong case about the validity of the results.
- Experience with SQL or similar query language
- Speaking and writing English fluently.
- Experience in FinTech and specifically working with Payments data and delayed feedback.
- An advanced academic degree.
- Strong programming skills.
- Experience developing on remote machines such as AWS, GCP, Azure.
- Community or side projects (please point us to your public GitHub or Kaggle accounts)
- Thought Leader.