Lead Software Architect
About The Position
Justt is the world leader in fighting illegitimate chargebacks on behalf of merchants. Our chargeback mitigation solution uses smart technology to create a hands-off experience for merchants, while providing the highest overall success rates in the industry.
About the Role
Our Engineering department is looking for a lead software architect.
As the Lead Software Architect, you’ll be responsible for the overall system architecture of Justt, planning and ensuring that our platform could meet the existing and future challenges, supporting the fast growth of the business with state of the art architecture.
The challenges in this position include leading the technical agenda across multiple engineering teams, reshaping and building a highly flexible and maintainable infrastructure while leading the overall improvement of developer's skill, knowledge, and competence throughout the R&D team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Standardization between the squads
- Handle the future - Research new technologies that can drive enhancements to our platform
- Hold the overall picture of our system architecture & components and assure that every new project \ component is built in a way that serves the high level architecture and is compliant with our processes (e.g privacy, security, etc).
- Maintain an up to date architecture documents for our different areas of our system
- Direct manager of tech leads
- Take part in our project development life cycle (be key player) - create High Level design documents for projects in collaboration with the squads and product
- be a focal point for the developer and the other stakeholders
- Assist in defining the engineering and architectural priorities of the company
- Hands on pilots for new technologies we’re considering adding to our stack (e.g DBT)
- Lead cross-Tech projects and processes
- Over 10 years of hands-on experience in software/architecture of complex software systems
- Experience in building complex, scalable products. Ability to clearly communicate and explain the design criteria, tradeoffs and decisions made
- Experience with Microservices architecture and Kubernetes - Must
- Experience with Monorepo - Advantage
- Experience with Node.js and React(nestjs - big Advantage)
- Experience with Public cloud (AWS - big Advantage)
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem, including managing it with infra-as-code tools
- Ability to influence without direct authority, a leader
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks
- Experienced in a multinational organization - Advantage
- Firm understanding of security concepts - a significant advantage