Justt: what, why, and how
A chargeback is a payment reversal following a credit or debit cardholder’s filing of a payment dispute.
Once a chargeback is filed, both the merchant and the issuing bank participate in a process in which they present their competing claims. The process is governed by specific rules and can take as long as 120 days to resolve.
For a more detailed walkthrough of the process, check out our blog post “How Does a Chargeback Work?”
It can take up to 120 days, depending on the reason code under which it was filed.
Chargebacks are legitimate when:
- The cardholder has been the victim of identity theft, and their payment details have been used to order goods or services not intended for their use.
- The cardholder was erroneously or fraudulently charged by the merchant, such as double billing or failing to ship goods within an agreed-upon timeframe.
Chargebacks are illegitimate when:
- The complaint is friendly fraud, meaning a customer doesn’t recognize a charge on their statement for various reasons and demands a chargeback without realizing that they or a family member ordered and received the goods.
- The complaint is chargeback fraud, meaning a customer intentionally denies ordering or receiving goods to benefit from the goods without paying for them.
Chargebacks are complicated, time-consuming, and costly. The card issuers (Visa, Mastercard, and others) regularly change their complex rules, requiring chargeback analysts to continuously keep up with changing regulations. Merchants that deal with chargebacks in-house must divert attention and resources away from their core business to handle them.
Most fraud solution companies focus on the prevention of fraudulent transactions that trigger illegitimate chargebacks by reviewing transactions before they are approved and looking for signs of probable fraud.
The Justt solution addresses all chargebacks after transactions have been completed by building the evidence against illegitimate chargebacks to recover lost funds.
In addition, anti-fraud solutions that provide a “chargeback guarantee” only cover the financial loss of chargebacks labeled with a fraud reason code. They do not cover service-related chargebacks, such as “merchandise/services not received.” Justt handles all chargeback reason codes.
- There are several:
- High success rates
Justt has exceptionally high success rates that are unmatched in the industry:
83%+ of chargebacks fought
95% of chargebacks in arbitration
How is that possible? This isn’t magic; it’s science.
- We tailor a solution specifically for each merchant – no generic templates.
- We combine machine-powered AI with human-powered know-how.
- We handle everything
Justt handles every last detail related to chargebacks, leaving you to focus entirely on your business.
- Win-win pricing
You pay only when we’re able to recover your lost revenues – from which you pay 35% as a fee to Justt. That’s it – fair and simple.
- A user-friendly dashboard for progress, data, and analysis
An easy-to-use dashboard will help you keep track of the status of your chargebacks and gain insights to guide decision-making. And you can view it on any device.
- 24/7 support
The Justt expert support team is available whenever you need us, for any and all issues.
- Chargeback ninja masters
The Justt team has unmatched expertise and years of experience in the chargeback mitigation industry. Partnering with us gives you access to top-tier experts who will offer you tips and information to reduce your risks as an online merchant.
A completely hands-off chargeback mitigation service is available to you via integration with the Justt API. However, if you’d prefer to use Justt without any integration, you can simply use our manual uploading tool.
Integrating with Justt is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Fill out a customized online questionnaire.
- Get access to your Justt admin tool and use it to connect us with your PSP.
- Our research team will pinpoint the data we need from you to effectively fight your chargebacks. This process takes 3-5 business days after setting up your PSP.
- The required data required is sent to us automatically with our simple API or manually with our uploading tool.
- Justt starts fighting your chargebacks. It’s that simple and that fair.
Use the Justt admin tool to view progress, insights, success ratios, and the status of each and every chargeback process in the works.
We charge 35% of the recovered revenue.
No upfront integration fee.
No subscription fees.
We only charge you for won chargebacks. With Justt, you literally cannot lose.
No, Justt works only on illegitimate chargebacks.
We recommend working with an anti-fraud solution to prevent cases of true fraud.
Chargeback insurance typically covers chargebacks labeled with a fraud reason code. It does not cover service-related chargebacks, such as chargebacks labeled “merchandise/services not received”. Justt handles all chargeback reason codes.
Win back lost revenue.
Win back lost revenue.
Find out why Justt is the right solution for your business.